Friday, January 7, 2011

So exciting...gearing up for my last run!

I am beyond thrilled that I will be starting my 3rd and final surrogacy journey.  It has been my dream, as a surrogate, to do a sibling project.  My 1st journey was amazing, and I love my IPs and surrobaby S, but I can not say that I wasn't a little sad when they decided that one was the perfect number for them.  I thought I was going to jinx myself and never find a 2nd match that could be a good as my 1st....of coarse I was wrong.  My 2nd journey was amazing as well, and better in many ways.  There is something to be said for experience and the confidence and comfort that comes with it.  Sometimes it would make me more nervous, I felt like I had set the bar so high the first time, and was afraid of failing.  My 1st journey was record breaking...everything was a breeze and so fast.  11 months from the day we first met, Baby S was born.  I am still a little shocked that the 2nd one went even better (and slightly faster).  So here I am pushing my luck...and throwing my hat in for round 3!  I can not wait to make surrobaby D a big sister and be part of creating a family again.  I have told myself, from the day I made the decision to be a surrogate, that 3 would be my limit.  3 pregnancies for us and 3 pregnancies for "them".  I have affectionately referred to it as my six pack.  I have to remind myself to savor each step and remember it will be my last (my husband will be holding me to this ;-)

When I have women ask me why I do this or how I can do this...it is so hard to explain and I know that I can not put it into words that will make them understand.  I have discovered it is a personality trait that we don't all share and that is ok.  It has been amazing to meet other women who have this trait and help them realize their dream of being a surrogate.  So as I start my last journey, I know that it will be ok because I get to share the experience with the IPs and GCs that I help and who I have the honor of working with!

No comments:

Post a Comment