Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year!

11 years ago tonight I was in labor with my first child, it was one of the most amazing days of my life.  On 12/31/99 I became a Mom and we welcomed our first child into the world.  That moment was life changing in so many ways and one of the biggest factors in why I chose to pursue surrogacy.  If anyone asks my husband what he enjoys most about the surrogacy experience, he will quickly answer the delivery.  To this day, 5 labor and deliveries later....he says it the the best part.  He loves sharing the experience with our IPs almost as much as he enjoyed it for himself.  Nothing motivates me more in that moment then the anticipation for his joy, it charges the room and all who are in it.  During our last delivery of Surrobaby #2 in May, he was affectionately named my "Dude-la".

My deepest congrats to all those who have achieved their dreams of parenthood in 2010, and for those who hope to in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment