Thursday, January 20, 2011

Organized and Flexible!

With each surrogacy journey I have come to appreciate these two characteristics more and more.  They are important for everyone involved in the process, and the more people involved the more important they become!  I find myself challenged, on an almost daily basis, to make sure to remind myself that surrogacy is a very fluid and dynamic process.  I try to reach out to IPs and be a source of support and a be a constant for them.  I want them to know that no matter the situation or changing circumstances, I will be there and that will not change.  I think this comfort can help them maintain the flexibility and accept everything as it comes at them.

Each time we begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel and the journey nears it's end, all the chaos and stress is always worth the end result.  The birth of the baby(ies) end the surrogacy journey, but start another amazing journey...Parenthood!  So in reality the surrogacy journey is an important tool and helps prepare IPs for the fluid and dynamic life as a mom or dad and helps exercise those important skills, organization and flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment